Thursday 28 June 2007

One more week @ work Yippeeee

Just another week to go and I am a free bird ( provided I don't die of the workload my employer has piled upon me first).. Yippeee!!!! And then home to a month of peace and mom's food( And I don't care if I sound juvenile, I'm going to savour every bit of it...I am going back to school after all.) The pox on all you jealous people with the evil eye!


There must be a reason for my jumping with joy whenever I read in a blog (or in a post on NV or in a personal e mail) that at least a few of my fellow participants haven't yet started pre reading...Oh hang on a minute ! I know what it is-I HAVEN'T STARTED IT MYSELF ! But at least I won't be alone when I arrive in France


Fellow blogger Res I(p)sa wrote about Tony Blair's exit. It really was a poignant moment. Iraq did the poor sod in (He did have his good points though). Credit must, however , be given to Gordon Brown for sheer dogged determination , will to succeed and relentless pursuit of his goal. Whether or not he can best his predecessor remains to be seen. But as future leaders I think we can all take a leaf or two from his book. I am probably coming out as a huge Brown fan but I must say that I am just a curious observer and will reserve judgement on Brown until later.





An interesting fact came up during my search for a pair of wheels. INSEAD may be the best B school in France ( Shut up HEC! It is.) but its students are still persona non grata for one of the giants of French industry--Renault. It seems we are blacklisted by Renault and they wouldn't lease vehicles to INSEAD students. Weird indeed!



As the date of arrivalof the new horde of students at INSEAD gets closer Net Vestibule has found a new life of its own. The traffic has increased immensely in the last few days. One good thing about this interface is that no one arrives at school totally unaware of at least some of his/her future classmates. I personally have formed a few relationships on NV that I will strive to strengthen when I meet these people in class.

On that note ( and noting it is 3:30 am in the morning ) , dear readers, I bid you adieu. Fare thee well , dear reader, and pray for my employer's soul ! He knows not what he is doing to me....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don,

There's a post, within one of those big, long car threads about Renault. It was within the last month or so, if I remember correctly.

Apparently, they're leasing to INSEADers again.

Don Panza said...

I am aware of that thread dtlf. Some people tried getting vehicles from the Renault dealer in Singapore but eventually (apparently) nothing materialized. And I have spoken to the Renault dealer in my home country myself and he said we are still blacklisted.

Youssef said...

Hi Don,

I enjoy your blog and would like to put a link of it on my own blog.

I have recently starting a blog about INSEAD and the selection process I am going through.

May I add a link of your blog on mine?

Please let me know by email at ybiadi at gmail dot com or on my blog at http://nomad-insead.blogspot.com/

Thank you,

Youssef.

Bubbly said...

he is the ONLY blogger who doesn't link to me!

why?

http://zanat0s.typepad.com